Our week in photos – Bangkok Holiday!

Happy New Year.

Welcome to our week in photos. Actually, this week, it’s technically two weeks, because I took a break and saved up all our photos from our amazing holiday, to share now we are back, so this week you get a lot of photos of what we got up to, scenery, sights and food!

BangkokCollage3

We had an AMAZING time, and we were very spoiled by my dad and his partner, who took time to show us around, all the sights I remember from childhood (I lived there as a child, for a few years) and also some new things. We enjoyed it, the children coped well with the heat, and lots of sights, sounds new experiences and trying new foods. We visited the floating market, road an elephant, some very beautiful palaces and sites and enjoyed the Christmas decorations and general life in Bangkok. We are already planning a return visit, not sure when, but it’s on the cards. I did even say to both my Dad and LSH that I would consider returning to live there, who knows what the future holds….?

Bangkok9

LSH and Big Girl climbed Wat Arun, otherwise known as The Temple of the Dawn, I stayed on the ground, watching, my knee was not up to the climb, it’s pretty steep, with amazing views. We road boats, and loved the Skytrain, which is the easiest and most efficient way to get around Bangkok and makes our London Underground look archaic.

Bangkok10

There are some beautiful sites to see. I love the detail and amazing architecture you can see, and the work and history that has gone into the temples and palaces. We visited the Grand Palace, the Reclining Buddha and also the Emerald Buddha. I remember all of these from childhood, but they are still as beautiful and interesting, as I remember.

Foodcollage2FoodCollage1

The food is amazing. We ate out every day, because meals in food courts, cafes and on the street is amazing, tasty and very reasonably priced. It has been a bit of a shock to come home and cook again. We tried all sorts of foods, and enjoyed some old favourites and enjoyed some spicy new ones!

These are not all the photos, you can always find and follow us on Instagram to see more of what we got up to.

How was your week?

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

TWTWC

15 comments on “Our week in photos – Bangkok Holiday!
  1. Suzanne says:

looks like an amazing Christmas. Had thought about Bangkok with the kids and seeing what you managed has pushed it higher up the list for potential destinations. Maybe my run away next Christmas! Happy New Year!
    Suzanne recently posted…Reindeer and Husky Adventures

2. wow, some gorgeous photos there, the food looks amazing!! looks like you had a brilliant time, happy new year x
    chantelle hazelden recently posted…Project 365 2015 Week 1

3. Love these photos, takes me back to previous trips to Bangkok, love it there but not been for years. Happy New Year #365
    Mary @ Over 40 and a Mum to One recently posted…Project 365 2015 Week 1

4. Notmyyearoff says:

Wow it looks really fantastic, all those sights and colours and food!! Glad you had a really lovely time. I think I’d love to visit one day.
    Notmyyearoff recently posted…Silent Sunday / Project 52 – Week 1

5. Erica Price says:

Amazing photos – very jealous.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 1 of 2015

6. Coombemill says:

Looks like an amazing place to be with so much going on
    Coombemill recently posted…Silent Sunday / Project 52

7. Amanda says:

Oh wow, what a fabulous looking trip!
    Amanda recently posted…The Week That Was…

8. Amanda Walsh says:

It looks stunning so colourful
    Amanda Walsh recently posted…#Project365 Week 1

9. Bee says:

Oh wow, this looks amazing!
    Bee recently posted…Life Lately.

10. Fantastic photos. What amazing sights to see x
    Rachel Simons recently posted…Ice Ice Baby – 365 Project – Day 4

11. Kim Carberry says:

What wonderful photos! Looks like you had an absolutely amazing time!
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Silent Sunday!

12. Jenna says:

Looks like you had a fab holiday.

Great photos. 🙂

#TWTWC

Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx
    Jenna recently posted…HappyDays #12

13. Wow that looks like an amazing holiday, what a fantastic place to visit! x #TWTWC
    Kirsty Hijacked By Twins recently posted…22nd December 2014 – 4th January 2015 – One Picture Everyday For One Year

14. Shona says:

Awww this post has brought back so many memories. In 2013 we went to Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Pattaya for our honeymoon at 8 weeks pregnant. I loved every second of it (this was the second time I had been there but Hubbys first). Would go back there in a heartbeat,
    #TWTWC
    Shona recently posted…Comment on Win a Lindam Jump About Plus door bouncer RRP £24.99 by Training Mummy

15. Oh wow! It looks like you had an AMAZING time! I was following your trip on Twitter, and it looked fabulous 🙂

Thanks for linking up to #TWTWC xx
    Hannah | MakeDo&Push recently posted…Recipe // Christmas Eve Stew